Skip to main content

Remembering #PulwamaAttack #PulwamaMartyrs

The air feels too heavy right now. There are unsaid goodbyes and dreams suspended here. One side there is a chorus of cries and songs being sung for their bravery. Another side there is a deafening silence.
Emptiness, grief, pain, and loss collide with each other. Nothing happy is born out of this tragedy, just the remnants of bodies and blood! There are no winners or survivors here. This is a plain cesspool of tragedies.
Somewhere in the background, a distinct war cry can be heard. A six-year daughter was waiting for her dad to come home and sing for him the national anthem that she learned in her music class.
Somewhere at a home, a mother cradles photographs and memories of her son. She remembers singing him brave songs as lullabies and reminisces fighting with him to come back home.
Somewhere a newlywed wife instead of draping sindoor wears white but all she can see is blood and loss. There is a red rose pinned to her dupatta. She places it gently on what remains of him.
It's hard to count the shattered and scattered pieces of her dead husband and the broken and scarred pieces of her that are strewn on this floor.
There's red and black everywhere. This isn't home. This isn't my motherland. This isn't a battlefield. This is a graveyard of lost sons, husbands, fathers and friends that left too soon.
There is fire here that wishes that humanity was the only religion because terrorism has once again shown, that the next thing that's going extinct from the earth is humanity and the end is very near.
My words won't do justice nor will my tears but right now, right here I want to salute everyone who left without even saying goodbye.

Comments

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts here...

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Kabira

Dear Kabira, I don't know what's perfect, the lyrics or the feelings you say which I fail to express. Sometimes you meet some songs that melt you from the places you are afraid to touch. Re Kabira Maan Jaa (रे कबीरा मान जा) Re Faqeera Maan Jaa (रे फ़कीरा मान जा) Aaja Tujhko Pukaare Teri Parchhaaiyan (आजा तुझको पुकारे तेरी परछाईयाँ) Your heart just can't stop beating for the lines that play with all the untouched memories you have. Loneliness engulfs you, it tears you part by part and this song just makes you feel everything you hide from the world. This song calls you to be back home and realise your home needs you. It questions why do you want to wander for answers when your home is right there in front of you? Your shadow is calling you back. Come home. Tooti Chaarpaai Wohi (टूटी चारपाई वही) Thandi Purvaai Rasta Dekhe, (ठंडी पुरवाई रस्ता देखे) Doodhon Ki Malaai Wohi (दूधों की मलाई वही) Mitti Ki Suraahi Rasta Dekhe (मिट्टी की सुराही रस्ता देखे) This song gives beautiful me

Biryani without Elaichi

16.06.15 I'm not one of those who can manage to maintain their diary every night, but today is special. Thanks to A common friend, she convinced me to meet her second best friend (like she termed it when she saw my look). Well, it was her who introduced us, but it was us who had the conversation, a conversation I could never imagine myself in, especially with someone I had just met. I wish I could write the whole talk, but it's too much after a long break I took. To summarize- how it's so difficult to find Biryani without Elaichi, experiences with lizards and cockroaches, weird encounters with aunties in trains, blah blah. I also had a delicious Vadapav, but surprisingly now, I have a faint memory of it. All I remember was, the scooty ride back home, I was smiling. Today is the day; I met Ashini. 17.06.15 Now when I think of it, it's strange, how a foodie doesn't remember the taste a Vadapav, how an introvert decided to meet a stranger and melt in her presence. She

Tea for Two!

 I pour water in the bright red pot, gleaming on the outside, a bit rusty on the inside. Red was always your color. Your wardrobe was literally fifty shades of it. The familiarity and warmth of the color red make me smile as I bring it to boil. “Look for angry water bubbles,” you used to say when you were teaching me how to make tea instead of stacking my kitchen counter with instant coffee sachets. I take out the twin tin containers marked “sugar” & “tea” off the cabinet and carefully put them in, systematically counting the number of teaspoons and measuring the amount in each. “I prefer coffee,” I used to whine but would still let you hold my hand as we put in the sugar, not too much, not too less, surprisingly always the right amount. Then in went the tea leaves, a bit less than I'd like, I always had a taste for intense flavors. But I rarely complained for I knew how much you valued your perfect, daily cup of tea. I then pour in the milk, thinking how I'd never been abl