Skip to main content

Kahin To Hogi Wo...

Kahin To Hogi Wo tiptoes into my world, its arrival not adorned with accompaniments. It finds its way in like it was meant to belong here. Long before it talks about a parallel world, I find myself levitating.

Summer of 2008, I was a teenager when I first heard this song. Yet nothing seems to have changed in how I, even today, feel about it. I sometimes wonder if that’s a good thing. Evolution must mean that our perception of things change, right? But what do you do when you find yourself at the same juncture as you did all those years ago?

Yet that is not the reason why this song has stuck with me for so long. All it took was just this one word to sound the way it did. This one word for which I haven’t yet found a more suitable cousin in another language. This one word that shadows everything else that is going on in the by-lanes. This one word that I make room for almost instantly.

This one word - khafa.

Jaane na kahan wo duniya hai
jaane na wo hai bhi ya nahi
jahan meri zindagi mujhse
itna khafa nahi

Khafa is why my desire for a parallel world exists.
Khafa is the anguish of an incomplete yet sustaining love.
Khafa is the reason for an escape and at the same time the seed of hope.

Khafa is life’s relationship with me.

And I think very few songs say it better than this one!

Comments

  1. Yes, the all time favourite song of mine and all time go to song with each and every moment especially the nights, the love, the sadness, the memories.. this is best song I herd.. umm second best as I am yet to discover my best song but atif Aslam songs.. hona tha pyaar, jeena jeena and this all are equal and have something that can't be explained just felt.. this song takes my heart and return it by filling love, joy, memories and a big smile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts here...

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Kabira

Dear Kabira, I don't know what's perfect, the lyrics or the feelings you say which I fail to express. Sometimes you meet some songs that melt you from the places you are afraid to touch. Re Kabira Maan Jaa (रे कबीरा मान जा) Re Faqeera Maan Jaa (रे फ़कीरा मान जा) Aaja Tujhko Pukaare Teri Parchhaaiyan (आजा तुझको पुकारे तेरी परछाईयाँ) Your heart just can't stop beating for the lines that play with all the untouched memories you have. Loneliness engulfs you, it tears you part by part and this song just makes you feel everything you hide from the world. This song calls you to be back home and realise your home needs you. It questions why do you want to wander for answers when your home is right there in front of you? Your shadow is calling you back. Come home. Tooti Chaarpaai Wohi (टूटी चारपाई वही) Thandi Purvaai Rasta Dekhe, (ठंडी पुरवाई रस्ता देखे) Doodhon Ki Malaai Wohi (दूधों की मलाई वही) Mitti Ki Suraahi Rasta Dekhe (मिट्टी की सुराही रस्ता देखे) This song gives beautiful me

Biryani without Elaichi

16.06.15 I'm not one of those who can manage to maintain their diary every night, but today is special. Thanks to A common friend, she convinced me to meet her second best friend (like she termed it when she saw my look). Well, it was her who introduced us, but it was us who had the conversation, a conversation I could never imagine myself in, especially with someone I had just met. I wish I could write the whole talk, but it's too much after a long break I took. To summarize- how it's so difficult to find Biryani without Elaichi, experiences with lizards and cockroaches, weird encounters with aunties in trains, blah blah. I also had a delicious Vadapav, but surprisingly now, I have a faint memory of it. All I remember was, the scooty ride back home, I was smiling. Today is the day; I met Ashini. 17.06.15 Now when I think of it, it's strange, how a foodie doesn't remember the taste a Vadapav, how an introvert decided to meet a stranger and melt in her presence. She

Tujhe Kitna Chahne Lage Hum...

There comes a phase in our life, where neither can we hold feelings, nor can we let it go. We hopelessly love them without any expectations, without any condition, and even knowing they won't love you back, you still love them holding all the broken pieces of your heart. 'Tujhe Kitna Chahne Lage', is a song that directly holds the feeling we always want to express but we can't. And every time the songs plays randomly from our playlist, we all just feel the song immensely, holding the feelings out, which were graved deep inside our heart. // दिल का दरिया बह ही गया... राहों में यूँ जो तू मिल गया // It's not easy to love someone who we know won't love us back ever, where this song is a struggle between heart and mind, and how difficult is it to hold onto the feelings and even its not easy to let it go and move on. This song best represents the unrequited love, the unsaid emotions, and a broken heart. // वक्त ने है किया हम पे कैसा सितम... तुम भी बेज़ार हो, बर्बाद है