Skip to main content

Dear Kabira

Dear Kabira,

I don't know what's perfect, the lyrics or the feelings you say which I fail to express. Sometimes you meet some songs that melt you from the places you are afraid to touch.

Re Kabira Maan Jaa (रे कबीरा मान जा)
Re Faqeera Maan Jaa (रे फ़कीरा मान जा)
Aaja Tujhko Pukaare Teri Parchhaaiyan (आजा तुझको पुकारे तेरी परछाईयाँ)

Your heart just can't stop beating for the lines that play with all the untouched memories you have. Loneliness engulfs you, it tears you part by part and this song just makes you feel everything you hide from the world. This song calls you to be back home and realise your home needs you. It questions why do you want to wander for answers when your home is right there in front of you? Your shadow is calling you back. Come home.

Tooti Chaarpaai Wohi (टूटी चारपाई वही)
Thandi Purvaai Rasta Dekhe, (ठंडी पुरवाई रस्ता देखे)
Doodhon Ki Malaai Wohi (दूधों की मलाई वही)
Mitti Ki Suraahi Rasta Dekhe (मिट्टी की सुराही रस्ता देखे)

This song gives beautiful metaphors to realise everything is the same. But it's awaiting for you. Where are you lost? What is making you wait to feel that you need yourself back? Your heart is showing you the right direction but you are being lost.

Mast Maula, Mast Kalander (मस्त मौला, मस्त कलंदर)
Tu Hawa Ka Ek Bavandar (तू हवा का एक बवंडर)
Bujh Ke Yun Andar Hi Andar (बुझके यूँ अन्दर ही अन्दर)
Kyun Reh Gaya (क्यूँ रह गया)

It blends you to realise how much everything has changed in you. It says that you are like the storm but you still feel empty. Your heart is giving up. You are trying hard to feel everything people tell you but something is missing. A part of yours is still trying to find the answers.

Re Kabira maan jaa (रे कबीरा मान जा...)
Re fakeera maan jaa (रे कबीरा मान जा...)

Kabira is that song, that comfort, that loneliness, that half written poetry, blends you and makes you travel to the world where you just want to express how much you are missing yourself. Tochi Raina and Rekha Bhardwaj's voice mixes emotions and makes you feel each line like the strong wind on a hot scorching day. 

This song has its beauty that will stay forever in people's hearts. Kabira will always be an escape from the world where smiles are plastered and hearts are broken. Just like how Bunny felt when he realised he had to choose between his dreams and Naina, he visited every corner of his heart to find the missing part. He found his home and maybe Kabira song is here to guide us to our home.


Comments

  1. Yes, it's calling for home, it's calling us back to the world where there is joy, love, peace and especially the warmth.. it's the song that takes you to a dream world a world that is just seen by you and only you .. best song to hide feelings.
    This song is special and would always remain special 💖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts here...

Popular posts from this blog

I wish for a happy ending this time!

My ring tone dragged me out of sleep. Squinting, I try to see past the burning brightness of my phone. As my tired brain tried to make out the ten digits, I was mentally cursing the person who'd call me this late at night. "Hello," I said, rubbing my eyes. "Hey, did I wake you?" asked a husky voice. I immediately jolted up, not because of its deep tone, but because I knew it all too well. It was the voice with whom I'd spent hours on the phone. It was her voice. "I know it's late. But are you free?" she asked. "Uh..uh.. yeah sure," I stammered. It had been months since we'd spoken. Apparently, exes can't be friends. "I am aware it's been long, but I need to talk to you," she said. Those words immediately brought a smile to my face. Had she been thinking about me? The butterflies came back to life in my stomach. "I know it's selfish of me to talk to you about this, but I didn't know who else to go.&qu

Biryani without Elaichi

16.06.15 I'm not one of those who can manage to maintain their diary every night, but today is special. Thanks to A common friend, she convinced me to meet her second best friend (like she termed it when she saw my look). Well, it was her who introduced us, but it was us who had the conversation, a conversation I could never imagine myself in, especially with someone I had just met. I wish I could write the whole talk, but it's too much after a long break I took. To summarize- how it's so difficult to find Biryani without Elaichi, experiences with lizards and cockroaches, weird encounters with aunties in trains, blah blah. I also had a delicious Vadapav, but surprisingly now, I have a faint memory of it. All I remember was, the scooty ride back home, I was smiling. Today is the day; I met Ashini. 17.06.15 Now when I think of it, it's strange, how a foodie doesn't remember the taste a Vadapav, how an introvert decided to meet a stranger and melt in her presence. She