Skip to main content

Why love is overstatement and breakup is understatement!

Ever wondered why the world seems to exaggerate romance like it's the best thing that has happened to mankind?
Be it the countless movies glorifying the act of falling or being in love with the number of romance writers who make the singles feel almost miserable.
There are perhaps thousands of songs about love too.
Put the numbers aside and just imagine how many people depend upon this whole idea to earn their livelihood!
Maybe love is literally in the air. It's all around us.
Sometimes to the extent that it's choking us, all.
This beautiful feeling is often accompanied by setbacks, disappointments, challenges, etc. And it's not like 'When the going gets tough, the tough get going.'
People who have experienced heartbreaks or have been cheated on or fall out of love never tend to go all out in public.
Why?
When you were in a relationship, you are proud of your partner, you're happy.
You'd post pictures with them, of them, and let the whole world know what a fantastic feeling it is but when the unfathomable happens you disappear, mostly.
I would never come across a person who'd let the same world know about their breakups.
Why let someone know when you're happy but not let them know when you're sad or falling apart?
Why glorify or hype one side of the story and hide the other?
Why can't a heartbreak ever be thought of as a beautiful experience?
An experience that has enlightened you, helped you grow, rise up again, and not be afraid of experiencing the same feeling again, with a different person.
It is not just loved.
We tend to overstate only a part of the experiences in life and completely overlook the darker side of things.
Why are winners celebrated and losers critiqued? Why are achievers felicitated and failures looked down upon? Why are birthdays happy and funerals sad?
Why is love an overstatement and heartbreak an understatement?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Kabira

Dear Kabira, I don't know what's perfect, the lyrics or the feelings you say which I fail to express. Sometimes you meet some songs that melt you from the places you are afraid to touch. Re Kabira Maan Jaa (रे कबीरा मान जा) Re Faqeera Maan Jaa (रे फ़कीरा मान जा) Aaja Tujhko Pukaare Teri Parchhaaiyan (आजा तुझको पुकारे तेरी परछाईयाँ) Your heart just can't stop beating for the lines that play with all the untouched memories you have. Loneliness engulfs you, it tears you part by part and this song just makes you feel everything you hide from the world. This song calls you to be back home and realise your home needs you. It questions why do you want to wander for answers when your home is right there in front of you? Your shadow is calling you back. Come home. Tooti Chaarpaai Wohi (टूटी चारपाई वही) Thandi Purvaai Rasta Dekhe, (ठंडी पुरवाई रस्ता देखे) Doodhon Ki Malaai Wohi (दूधों की मलाई वही) Mitti Ki Suraahi Rasta Dekhe (मिट्टी की सुराही रस्ता देखे) This song gives beautiful me

Biryani without Elaichi

16.06.15 I'm not one of those who can manage to maintain their diary every night, but today is special. Thanks to A common friend, she convinced me to meet her second best friend (like she termed it when she saw my look). Well, it was her who introduced us, but it was us who had the conversation, a conversation I could never imagine myself in, especially with someone I had just met. I wish I could write the whole talk, but it's too much after a long break I took. To summarize- how it's so difficult to find Biryani without Elaichi, experiences with lizards and cockroaches, weird encounters with aunties in trains, blah blah. I also had a delicious Vadapav, but surprisingly now, I have a faint memory of it. All I remember was, the scooty ride back home, I was smiling. Today is the day; I met Ashini. 17.06.15 Now when I think of it, it's strange, how a foodie doesn't remember the taste a Vadapav, how an introvert decided to meet a stranger and melt in her presence. She

Tea for Two!

 I pour water in the bright red pot, gleaming on the outside, a bit rusty on the inside. Red was always your color. Your wardrobe was literally fifty shades of it. The familiarity and warmth of the color red make me smile as I bring it to boil. “Look for angry water bubbles,” you used to say when you were teaching me how to make tea instead of stacking my kitchen counter with instant coffee sachets. I take out the twin tin containers marked “sugar” & “tea” off the cabinet and carefully put them in, systematically counting the number of teaspoons and measuring the amount in each. “I prefer coffee,” I used to whine but would still let you hold my hand as we put in the sugar, not too much, not too less, surprisingly always the right amount. Then in went the tea leaves, a bit less than I'd like, I always had a taste for intense flavors. But I rarely complained for I knew how much you valued your perfect, daily cup of tea. I then pour in the milk, thinking how I'd never been abl