Skip to main content

I watch her walk away, without an urge to stop her...

Another rainy day, I was sitting by the window, reading my book, when I heard the knock.

I never expected it would be her, at least not right now.

"Can I come in?" She asked, and I just nodded.

I got her a towel and asked her if she needed a coffee.

"Beautiful rainy day, I wouldn't mind a cup of coffee" she smiles.

I get her coffee.

As I hear her sip, talking to me, I keep looking at her, thinking about all those questions I have been waiting to ask, two years now. Did you miss me?

At least initially?

Did the other men tell you that you looked good in blue like I did?

Did you actually share your ice cream with them, like your Instagram shows?

Did you miss the special Maggi I used to make?

Did you miss me calling you by your nickname?

Do you remember how I used to be while ordering food, all excited?

C'mon, you missed that at least.

You remember those gifts you got me, that umbrella, on my birthday?

I hated the rains always. You loved them.

People said opposites attract.

I think they were unaware, they ultimately collide.

That umbrella, with a smiley, remember?

You had carved your name on its handle.

I realize, I still have it.

"How did you find out I lived here?" is all I managed to ask after that rush of thoughts.

"Well, I had come here for work, saw you by the window."

Little does she know, I've spotted her thrice, struggling to locate an address.

"Thanks for coming. The rain has stopped. It may start anytime soon, you know. Well, in case it rains again, you can keep this." I give her the only umbrella I own. It was important I think.

She stands there, says thank you and leaves, surprised.

I watch her walk away, without an urge to stop her, unlike the last times.

I guess the rain that day, washed a lot of dirt.

Comments

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts here...

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Kabira

Dear Kabira, I don't know what's perfect, the lyrics or the feelings you say which I fail to express. Sometimes you meet some songs that melt you from the places you are afraid to touch. Re Kabira Maan Jaa (रे कबीरा मान जा) Re Faqeera Maan Jaa (रे फ़कीरा मान जा) Aaja Tujhko Pukaare Teri Parchhaaiyan (आजा तुझको पुकारे तेरी परछाईयाँ) Your heart just can't stop beating for the lines that play with all the untouched memories you have. Loneliness engulfs you, it tears you part by part and this song just makes you feel everything you hide from the world. This song calls you to be back home and realise your home needs you. It questions why do you want to wander for answers when your home is right there in front of you? Your shadow is calling you back. Come home. Tooti Chaarpaai Wohi (टूटी चारपाई वही) Thandi Purvaai Rasta Dekhe, (ठंडी पुरवाई रस्ता देखे) Doodhon Ki Malaai Wohi (दूधों की मलाई वही) Mitti Ki Suraahi Rasta Dekhe (मिट्टी की सुराही रस्ता देखे) This song gives beautiful me

Biryani without Elaichi

16.06.15 I'm not one of those who can manage to maintain their diary every night, but today is special. Thanks to A common friend, she convinced me to meet her second best friend (like she termed it when she saw my look). Well, it was her who introduced us, but it was us who had the conversation, a conversation I could never imagine myself in, especially with someone I had just met. I wish I could write the whole talk, but it's too much after a long break I took. To summarize- how it's so difficult to find Biryani without Elaichi, experiences with lizards and cockroaches, weird encounters with aunties in trains, blah blah. I also had a delicious Vadapav, but surprisingly now, I have a faint memory of it. All I remember was, the scooty ride back home, I was smiling. Today is the day; I met Ashini. 17.06.15 Now when I think of it, it's strange, how a foodie doesn't remember the taste a Vadapav, how an introvert decided to meet a stranger and melt in her presence. She

Tujhe Kitna Chahne Lage Hum...

There comes a phase in our life, where neither can we hold feelings, nor can we let it go. We hopelessly love them without any expectations, without any condition, and even knowing they won't love you back, you still love them holding all the broken pieces of your heart. 'Tujhe Kitna Chahne Lage', is a song that directly holds the feeling we always want to express but we can't. And every time the songs plays randomly from our playlist, we all just feel the song immensely, holding the feelings out, which were graved deep inside our heart. // दिल का दरिया बह ही गया... राहों में यूँ जो तू मिल गया // It's not easy to love someone who we know won't love us back ever, where this song is a struggle between heart and mind, and how difficult is it to hold onto the feelings and even its not easy to let it go and move on. This song best represents the unrequited love, the unsaid emotions, and a broken heart. // वक्त ने है किया हम पे कैसा सितम... तुम भी बेज़ार हो, बर्बाद है